onsdag 19 augusti 2009

Gavlenet - More than enough

Working from the strategy "More than enough" ("Mer än lagom" in Swedish), I quickly wrote two scripts for a MTV-Cribs-spoofing commercial for broadband company Gavlenet. The idea was to have a cool hip-hop dude walking around his luxurious home showing just how much "more than enough" his lifestyle was, with one of the commercials being about his Internet connection. As the concept was about 3000 percent over budget, I gave up before writing that one.

...and since that day, Emil never forgot to consider the budget again.


1 - Badass samurai shoehorn

Just by looking at it, you'd think it's your average shoehorn, right? Thing is, it's made in Japan by these blacksmiths that make swords for the samurai. So it's my own badass samurai shoehorn. And it's tough as a ****! You know, if I wanted to, I could use this piece right here to put on Princess [the camera pans to the elephant walking by outside] her shoes. Well, if she had any. It's so tough, if you'd look really close, like with a microscope, you'd see all the atoms teaming up like these really tiny, really mean quarterbacks. In fact, I could basically use this shoehorn to take off Italy its boot!

Text: Gavlenet. More than enough.


2 - Golden toilet lid

Now this, this is something really special. You know how most celebrities have to get everything in gold, right? [in a faked, high-pitched diva voice] "I'm a star, so i can't eat unless it's with a golden fork", always like that... Well, I like gold too, but I don't want to have my home looking like the tomb of Tutanchamon, right? That bling thing is old, you know? So what I did was have all my golden stuff painted white. You notice how heavy the fridge door is? Well, that's because it's made out of gold. Uncomfortable in that chair? Gold. Having trouble opening the toilet lid? Me too, but you've got to make sacrifces, man!

Text: Gavlenet. More than enough.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar